1. Do you need a permit for a shed?
Yes, a permit is needed to construct a shed. A permit application must be
submitted along with a drawing of your property showing where the house is
and where the shed will be located. There are set back requirements, please
contact the Zoning Department for details.
2. Is a permit required for a fence?
Yes, a permit is required. A permit application must be submitted along
along with a drawing of your property showing where the house is and
where the fence will be located and the type (material) fence; good side
must face out. The maximum height for a fence is six (6) feet with the
exception of a fence in front of your house.
3. Do I need a permit for door/window replacement or siding on my house?
No, a permit is not required as long as no structural changes are made.
4. Do I need a permit for a new roof?
As long as you are not replacing more than 50% of the plywood decking,
a permit is not required.
5. Is a permit required for a driveway?
No, however, the driveway is subject to current zoning regulations regarding
thickness, side setbacks, etc. Contact the Zoning Inspector at 257-7216.
6. Why can't I put my garage sale sign on a main road or utility pole?
There are several reasons for this:
1. All signs, even temporary signs, are required to have a permit with
very few exceptions, i.e. political signs.
2. It is not legal to place a sign on someone else's property.
3. It is never acceptable to nail or attach anything to a utility pole or
municipal traffic control sign.